President Donald Trump and Former Vice President Joe Biden are about to face off for the third and final presidential debate. It's crucial that the debate moderator ask them a question about one of Americans' top-rated issues: corruption.
Sign the petition to demand moderator Kristen Welker #AskAboutDemocracy.
77% of registered voters say that “reducing the influence of special interests and corruption in Washington” is the most important issue facing the country.
Americans deserve to know the tangible solutions each candidate will pursue to fix America's corruption problem.
Add your name to tell the debate moderator you want them to ask: As president, what specific steps would you take to fix America's corruption crisis and hold politicians accountable to the average American, not special interests?
The following is completely legal and routinely practiced in the United States:
- Lobbyists write laws, then give money to politicians voting on them
- Politicians take money from the industries they regulate
- Special interests pay for politicians’ vacations and lavish gifts
- Politicians leave Congress to take lucrative jobs as lobbyists
- Politicians give tax breaks and corporate welfare to their funders
As president, what specific steps would you take to fix America's corruption crisis?
Debate moderators want to ask questions that voters care about. It's up to us to show the moderator that viewers at home demand an answer on fixing our broken political system.
Add your name to demand that the debate moderator #AskAboutDemocracy.