Democratic candidates are about to face off for the fifth presidential debate... and even though most Americans rate corruption as a top issue, moderators haven't asked them a question about it.
Sign the petition to demand moderators #AskAboutDemocracy.
77% of registered voters say that “reducing the influence of special interests and corruption in Washington” is the most important issue facing the country.
But debate moderators haven't asked presidential candidates what they'll do to fix it. Americans deserve to know the tangible solutions each candidate will pursue to fix America's corruption problem.
Add your name to tell debate moderators you want them to ask: As president, what specific steps would you take to fix America's corruption crisis and hold politicians accountable to the average American, not special interests?
The following is completely legal and routinely practiced in the United States:
- Lobbyists write laws, then give money to politicians voting on them
- Politicians take money from the industries they regulate
- Special interests pay for politicians’ vacations and lavish gifts
- Politicians leave Congress to take lucrative jobs as lobbyists
- Politicians give tax breaks and corporate welfare to their funders
As president, what specific steps would you take to fix America's corruption crisis?
Debate moderators want to ask questions they know voters care about. It's up to us to show them that viewers at home demand an answer on fixing our broken political system.
Add your name to demand that debate moderators #AskAboutDemocracy.